No. 6 Cinema, Portsmouth’s only independent filmhouse, screen 2018 Wes Anderson-directed stop-motion animated comedy-drama film Isle of Dogs on Saturday 12th May, from 7:00pm.
Isle of Dogs tells the story of Atari Kobayashi, 12-year-old ward to corrupt Mayor Kobayashi.
When, by Executive Decree, all the canine pets of Megasaki City are exiled to a vast garbage-dump, Atari sets off alone in a miniature Junior-Turbo Prop and flies to Trash Island in search of his bodyguard-dog, Spots.
There, with the assistance of a pack of newly-found mongrel friends, he begins an epic journey that will decide the fate and future of the entire Prefecture.
No. 6 Cinema are partnering with another local not-for-profit organisation for this event — Wild Thyme, the vegan co-operative wholefoods store in Palmerston Road — for a ‘Supper at the Cinema’ event before the screening!
Their delicious ethically-sourced food will be served from 6:00pm. Here’s what’s on the menu:
- Tex Mex Casserole with Homemade Corn Bread (gluten-free)
- BBQ Tempeh Kebab Pitta
- Sweet Potato Chips with toppings (Guacamole, Cashew Sour Cream, Cacao Chipotle)
- Some delicious cake to finish everything off!
RSVP to the Supper at the Cinema event on Facebook here.
Book online through the No. 6 Cinema website, or buy on the door on the night.
- Director: Wes Anderson
- Starring: Bryan Cranston, Scarlett Johansson, Edward Norton, Bill Murray, Tilda Swinton, Jeff Goldblum, Yoko Ono
- Running time: one hour and 41 minutes (101 minutes)
- Adults: £9.00
- Concessions: £7.50 (students, seniors (60+), or Portsmouth Leisure Card holders)
- 25 and under: £5.00