Starting this week, public events are being held for two new public consultations where you can help shape the future of one of the city's most cherished assets.
This Thursday, the Southsea Coastal Scheme team will hold a three-day exhibition at the Coastguard Studio in Clarendon Road, where residents can find out how the designs for new sea defences along 4.5km of seafront have been changed in response to feedback collected last summer. This will be followed by a series of drop-in events at three of the city's libraries.
The ambition of the scheme is to create new defences that embrace everything we all love about the seafront. The planned works will transform the seafront for future generations, while protecting homes and the heritage that is so important to the people of Portsmouth.
It also aims to stimulate further regeneration in Southsea and create a more vibrant place for businesses, visitors, and residents to thrive.
Southsea Coastal Scheme events:
DROP-IN EXHIBITION AT COASTGUARD STUDIO, SOUTHSEA, PO4 0SA (5 mins walk from South Parade Pier)
· Thursday 14 February, 2:00pm to 7:00pm
· Friday 15 February, 11:00am to 5:00pm
· Saturday 16 February, 11:00am to 5:00pm
INFORMATION EVENTS AT CITY LIBRARIES
· Cosham library Monday 18 February, 1:00pm to 4:00pm
· North End library Tuesday 19 February, 1:00pm to 4:00pm
· Beddow (Milton) library Wednesday 20 February, 1:00pm to 4:00pm